Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue accessing SD Card Mount point on Acer Iconia Tab A500

Default Issue accessing SD Card Mount point on Acer Iconia Tab A500

I recently purchased an Acer Iconia Tab A500. It has two mounting points for sd cards in the \mnt\ dir. SDCARD and External_sd. SDCARD is an internal sd card that can be accessed by mounting on a PC and External_sd is yhe user accessible sd card slot. I have tried using the \mnt\ directory and \mnt\External_sd\ directory to set the comic home location, however, I am unable to access the comics on the sd card in the external slot. The files work just fine on the ARCHOS 101 tablet as it had a \mnt\ point called SDCARD or with ACV.

How do I direct CRM to access External_sd?

Which version are you using?

Mobi version 2.2.2
    Android 3.0.1
    Kernal 2.6.36.3-00001
    Build Acer_A500_1.102.02_com_gen1

Well the current version is supposed to let you choose where you want to read your comics from so all you should have to do is tell it where you want to read them though you might have to be connected to the internet for this to work.

Default Issue accessing SD Card Mount point on Acer Iconia Tab A500

Going into setting and trying set comic location does not show any directory other than on/in the /mnt/sdcard directory
    It doesn't let me go up in any way higher than the /sdcard opening dir. I have not been able to access the root or other directories other than the /sdcard directory therefore I have been unable to access either the root or the /mnt/ directory. CRM seems to default to the /sdcard directory. I have used an explorer and can see all my files on the /mnt/external_sd directory.
    Using the setting > menu > advanced > comics Location and manually entering "\" I get directory not found. Trying "/" get the root of the internal sd card /mnt/sdcard or the /sdcard directory. The same directory as when I try the settings Change Comics Location.
    Entering /mnt/external_sd in the setting > menu > advanced > comics Location gets directory unknown. Entering \mnt\external_sd in the setting > menu > advanced > comics Location accesses the same directory as the Change Comic Location /mnt/sdcsrd
    Going back into the setting > menu > advanced > comics Location area to validate it shows the path stored the location but ignored it in the open dialog
    The path to external use accessible card slot for my device is \mnt\External_sd.
    I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the application several times.

after entering the info you have reset the program so makeing sure its not in system memory and restarting it?

hmm, that is really wierd. Although, I think there's some confusion, the change comics location always lists the contents of your sdcard, so if you're trying to go anywhere else, you should stay away from that. Only use the manual option under advanced settings.

"/"s should work over "\"s, but make sure you have the casing right, as "/mnt/external_sd" won't work if the directory is called "\mnt\External_sd"
    reinstalling won't really help, but make sure you're completely closing and reoping the program and not just minimizing it.

If that doesn't work, did you get it from the marketplace or from me? I can try making a new version to see if we can resolve the issue somehow.

Using the close changes the behavior some.
    When I after a clear data uninstall and reinstall if I do not enter anything into the change comic location by just pressing the cancel any information I enter into comic location under advanced does not save anything entered.
    If I enter information into the change comic location it also shows that location in the advanced comic location. Changing the location by just deleting the sdcard/ from the /mnt/sdcard/ and leaving the /mnt/ and returning to the starting screen doing a close and reopening. Gets a forced close message from the os and every time I try to restart I get a forced close message.
    I have found if I go into the manage applications and clear data I can start the application again.
    After a clear data if I open crm then enter a location into the Change location then go to advanced delete the /mnt/sdcard/ to read just /. When I return to the start screen do a close and re-start and open I get a forced close from the os again.
    After an additional clear data. I tried /mnt/external_sd/ returned to the start screen close and re-open and get a forced close message.
    I got it via the market but feel free to email me anything to my address on this profile if you want me to test anything.

Sorry,
    Version 2.2.3
    I tried the new file and three issues
    1. While this one lets me see the /mnt/external_SD/ directory and see the contents in te start up it will not let me set the root of the card as a path
    2. If I save a path on the /mnt/external_sd to something like the download directory it doesn't let me see the contents of the directory. If I use the advanced setting to enter a path I still can not see the contents of the directory
    3. If I do not select a directory at the start screen it gives me an error message for not being able to find the license file and closes before I can enter anything into the advanced area

Quote Originally Posted by cmz View Post
    Sorry,
    Version 2.2.3
    I tried the new file and three issues
    1. While this one lets me see the /mnt/external_SD/ directory and see the contents in te start up it will not let me set the root of the card as a path
    2. If I save a path on the /mnt/external_sd to something like the download directory it doesn't let me see the contents of the directory. If I use the advanced setting to enter a path I still can not see the contents of the directory
    Can you create a folder named "Comics" or something on the sd card and set that as your folder?
    When you say it doesn't let you see the contents do you mean when you choose the select series option?

If you don't have any series in there and its just a bunch of comics in the folder it'll get put in the "unsorted comics" series. Sometimes, especially on large screens, its hard to see it at the top.